February 08, 2005

Late morning, now fully awake

The electricity has been playing games with my blogging. On, then off. On, then off. Now, my brother-in-law is here, so we are off into the city for work. Here's what I put together this morning, to chew on until I get back this evening.

The Rocking Fun Zone put one over on himself last night. I went on a movie bender. These late nights are no good, but these Arab channels play too many good movies with too few commercial breaks (what a thing to complain about). Nonetheless, the Rocking Fun Zone has got to institute some self-discipline.

Last night's films were "The Last Debate" and "The Last Castle". I don't think "The Last Debate" made it to the big screen, but it's a recent movie with screenplay by Jim Lehrer debate panelists hijacking a presidential debate to attack one of the candidates who had an unpleasant background of domestic violence (an obvious Jim Lehrer dream). Anyway, the movie is nothign fancy, but raises some interesting questions and the quality of the acting is enough to keep you tuned in.

"The Last Castle" is a definite winner and the performance of James Gandolfini is pretty exceptional. I give it 4 out of 4 stars. Very nice. Despite my positive assessment of both these movies, they have now made me tired and cranky.

By the way, to try to engender more discussion on the web site, here's a challenge question for you: Which columnist's writing style from one of Seattle's two daily newspapers does the Rocking Fun Zone most admire/model himself on? Good luck on this one. Answer will be posted tomorrow. Anyway submitting the correct answer in the comments section prior to my posting tomorrow morning will receive a free kilo of Ethiopian coffee courtesy of Lynn and Claudia (Look at this - I'm already resorting to desperation tactics of promotions. What will be next, an offer of free, membership cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home