April 06, 2006

Joys of fatherhood

This is quality blog fodder (names changed to protect the innocent and to ensure I continue to receive this kind of grade-A material):

"Stacy and my girls are doing well. Unfortunately, Sarah has learned the F-word (must have been from her mom because Lord knows I never speak like that). The other night, she informed us that Rover (our black lab) was eating the f*##@ing fish again. It really makes a guy proud to hear his three year old daughter swear like that."

That is magic.  Being a proud father myself, I'm looking forward to the day when my daughter broaches her first swear word, though, it will be probably be in Amharic, which will make it difficult for me to catch.

At the same time, some of the first words I set about learning in Amharic were the less-polite ones, so I've developed quite a repertoire of the fundamentals of Ethiopian potty-talk.

I am a bit curious, though, why it’s a problem for the dog to be eating fish. I remember it was a big problem for my own yellow lab to roll in dead fish from streams, but I don’t remember him eating fish as a problem. Maybe they are smoking it outside the house or the dog climbed up on the counter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home